General Price List
These prices are effective as of June 1, 2022 but subject to change without notice.
Basic Services of Funeral Director and Staff - $1,095.00
Our charge includes, but is not limited to, availability of staff 24 hours a day, consultation for necessary arrangements, preparation of certificates, permits and authorization. Assistance in filing social security forms, veterans forms and insurance claim forms.
This fee includes a proportionate share of the taxes, licenses, utilities and business expenses required to serve the public. (This fee for our basic services and overhead will be added to the total cost of the funeral arrangements you select. This fee is already included in our charges for direct cremations, immediate burials and forwarding or receiving remains)
Other Preparation of Remains
Except in certain special cases, embalming is not required by law. Embalming may be necessary, however, if you select certain funeral arrangements such as a funeral with viewing. If you do not want embalming, you usually have the right to choose an arrangement that does not require you to pay for it, such as direct cremation or immediate burial.
Embalming - $495.00
- Dressing and casketing of remains: $265
- Cosmetizing, grooming & hairstyling: $90
- Special care of autopsied cases/tissue bone donation and repair: $295
- Refrigeration: $75/day after 24 hours
- Preparation of unembalmed remains for limited viewing (includes washing & disinfection, dressing, hairstyling, casketing, & use of viewing room for public viewing not to exceed 3 hours. Remains to be viewed in container/casket selected: $300.00
- Washing & disinfection of unembalmed remains: $100.00
Use of Staff, Facilities and Equipment
- Use of Staff and Facilities for Viewing: 3 hours - $250.00
- Use of Staff and Facilities for Viewing: Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm - $350.00
- Use of Staff and Equipment for Chapel/Church or Other Facility: $595.00
- Use of Staff and Equipment for Graveside Service: $495.00
- Use of Staff & Equipment for Memorial Service at Chapel/Church/Other Location: $495.00
- Overtime Charge for Weekend, Evening (Rosary or Viewing) or Holiday: $300.00
- Transfer of Remains to Funeral Home: $495.00
- Hearse: $495.00
- Limousine: $495.00 for 1st 3 hours then $65/hour
- Alternative Delivery Vehicle; includes to cemetery, transfer to and from autopsy or other facility or airport: $350.00
- Mileage outside local service (50 mile radius): $3.00/mile (figured on a one-way basis)
- Register/Memorial Book: $50
- Memorial Folders/100: $75
- Acknowledgment Cards/Box of 25: $10
- Prayer Cards/100: $45
- Grave Markers - a complete list will be provided at the funeral home: $578 - $7,919
- Temporary Marker: $25
- Marker Lettering Fee: First 2 characters at $235, each additional character $5 ea.
- Repair fee for "19" on existing stone. Cemetery may charge an additional re-setting fee: $300 plus add final date fee. (see above)
- Keepsakes, Mementos & Gifts - a complete list will be provided at funeral home: $2.25 - $250
- Memorial Reflections (Celebration of Life Collage 24" X 36"): $249
- Memorial Reflections (Portrait Print 3" X 6"): $379
- Outer Burial Containers - a complete price list will be provided at the funeral home: $895 to $10,995
- Caskets - a complete price list will be provided at the funeral home: $795 to $9,995
- Alternative Cremation Containers - a complete list will be provided at the funeral home: $10 to $2,895
- Urns - a complete list will be provided at the funeral home: $45 to $2,000
- Forwarding urn by parcel post (plastic urn required): $125
- Shipping Container required by common carrier: $225
- Estate Administration Fee: $450
- Crucifix: $20
- Casket Personalized Cap Panel: $150
- Processing documents for forwarding out of country: $350/li>
- Heavy Duty Pouch: $150
- Witness Cremation Placement: $200
Cash Advance Items
The cash advance items are provided for you by individuals not associated with Tualatin Valley Funeral Alternatives. If you desire, we can compensate these individuals for you and include the charges on our statement, or you may write out personal checks and we will gladly deliver them for you. In either instance, we require the total amount of the cash advance items paid prior to the service.
- Clergy Honorarium: $250-$350 suggested minimum
- Organist Honorarium: $150 suggested minimum
- Soloist Honorarium: $150 suggested minimum
- Funeral notice in Oregonian: $229 per day
- Death Notice in the Oregonian: $45 per day
- Cemetery Property
- Opening and closing
- Concrete Grave liner/box
- Marker Setting Fee
- Crematorium Fee: $200
- State of Oregon filing fee for death certificate: $30
- Certified copies of death certificates: $25 per copy
- Motorcycle Escort(s): 2-bikes @ $450, additional @ $200 each
- Flowers by family/funeral home
Forwarding Remains To Another Funeral Home
- This charge includes removal of remains (local), services of staff, necessary authorizations, embalming (if necessary), local transportation to common carrier, basic use of facilities (excl. visitation & funeral ceremony), air tray included, when applicable, casket and airfare additional: Cost $1,595
Receiving Of Remains From Another Funeral Home
- This charge includes services of staff, basic use of facilities (excl. visitation & funeral ceremony), transportation from Portland airport/train station to final place of disposition: Cost $1,195
Receiving Cremated Remains
- This charge includes transportation to final place of disposition (excludes. funeral ceremony): $100
Our charge for direct cremation (without ceremony) includes removal of remains (local) and transportation to crematory, necessary services of staff and authorizations, basic use of facilities, office, preparation room, etc, crematorium fee included: Cost $885 - $3,740
If you want to arrange a direct cremation, you can use an alternative container. Alternative containers encase the body and can be made of materials like fiberboard or composition materials (with or without an outside covering). The containers we provide are solid cardboard.
- Direct cremation with container provided by purchaser: $885
- Direct cremation with solid cardboard alternative container: $895
- Direct cremation with alternative cremation container selected from list: $885 + price of casket
- Our charge for an immediate burial (without ceremony) includes removal of remains (local) and transportation to cemetery, necessary services of staff and authorization, casketing, basic use of facilities, office, preparation room, etc.: Cost $1,095 - $10,990
- Immediate burial w/casket provided by purchaser: $1,095
- Immediate burial w/cloth covered flat top casket: $1,890
- Immediate burial w/casket selected from list: $1,095 + price of casket
Medical School Anatomical Donation
- Basic use of facilities, basic minimum professional services of funeral director and staff, removal to funeral home and transfer to medical school and embalming required by medical school: $1,195
Method of Payment
Payment for goods and services is expected prior to the services rendered, unless other arrangements have been made prior to the time of need. For your convenience we accept cash, check, credit card (Visa/MasterCard), a verifiable irrevocable insurance assignment or One Main Financial Services.
The goods and services shown below are those we can provide to our customers. You may choose only the items you desire. However, any funeral arrangements you select will include a charge for our basic services and overhead. If legal or other requirements mean you must buy any items you did not specifically ask for, we will explain the reason in writing on the statement we provide describing the funeral goods and services you selected.
Many families are unfamiliar with arranging a funeral and the variety of options that are available and the total costs of those options. We at Tualatin Valley Funeral Alternatives provide a program for pre-planning and pre-paying the funeral arrangements of your choice. A pre-arrangement counselor is available at all times to share information with you, with no obligation. Pre-planning can be one of the most thoughtful gestures you can do. More and more people are discovering the deep sense of accomplishment in having taken this step toward providing peace of mind for themselves and their families.
Notice To The Consumer
These disclosures are made in an effort to be in compliance with requirements and disclosures set forth by the Federal Trade Commission.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
The only warranties, expressed or implied, granted in connection with the goods sold with this funeral service, are expressed written warranties, if any, extended by the manufacturers thereof. No other warranties including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are extended by the funeral director.